In addition to the services provided through our offices, Agape has established connections, either through membership or affiliation, with a variety of professional organizations that can assist at all levels of need.
Raising children is never easy, especially if children come from hard places. Here are some resources to help as you raise children regardless of how they became a part of your family.
- Empowered To Connect – great articles and videos on parenting children with traumatic past.
Grants, Loans and Other Resources
Click on the following links to learn more about sources of funding such as grants and loans for families thinking about Adopting.
- The ABBA Fund – Provides interest-free covenant loans to Christian couples who are called by God to expand their families through adoption
- Gift of Adoption Fund – Awards grants based upon the needs of the waiting child and to pre-approved adopting parents who demonstrate an unusual degree of financial hardship
- God’s Grace Adoption Ministry – Provides grants of $1,000 – $4,000 to Christian couples with an annual income under $60,000
- Kingdom Kids Adoption Ministries – Helps families raise finances for adoption through our adoption fundraising/grant program
- Micah Fund – Promotes the adoption of American black and white bi-racial infants and children who live in Minnesota and surrounding cities
- National Adoption Foundation – Provides direct grants and loans
- Show Hope – Provides grants to Christian families adopting domestically or internationally and encourages involvement from your church family in your adoption
- Both Hands – Both Hands helps families fundraise for their adoptions while also blessing a widow through a service project
- Creating a Family – This site provides resources and support in the areas of adoption and infertility, including archived “Creating a Family” radio shows
- A Mother’s Love – Assists families in fundraising for adoption and infertility costs
- Brittany’s Hope – Links to several sources of financial assistance for adoption
- Child Welfare Information Gateway – Has information on funding adoption
- National Endowment for Financial Education – Has a guide called How to Make Adoption an Affordable Option
- National Military Family Association – Provides information and links to Adoption Resources for Military Families, including the Adoption Reimbursement Program
Adoption Tax Credit
Thanks to the Adoption Tax Credit, adoptive families may be able to take a refundable tax credit for qualifying expenses paid toward an adoption. The current limit for reimbursement of adoption expenses is $13,570. Talk with your accountant and check out this website for more information on the Adoption Tax Credit.